Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Halloween

We had a fun Halloween at our house this year. It's so much more fun when Derek is home to enjoy it with us. :) When I asked the kids what they wanted to be this year they looked at me like I was dumb and Brian said, "Dinosuars!" Kind of like, Duh! Mom, we are dinosaurs everyear don't ya know! I guess I have trained them well since thats what they have been for the last two years. I explained to them that I thought they had grown enough that they wouldn't fit into their costumes anymore. Andrew could wear Brian's and Timothy could wear Andrew's but there wasn't one for Brian. Then Andrew looked at me very matter-of-factly and said, "Just, make another one!" Although I did make the first two I didn't think I would be able to make another one this year. So we had to find Brian something else. He fell in love with an Indiana Jones costume at the store so thus he was Indiana Jones and Andrew and Timothy were of course dinosaurs. Andrew later told us that he was Brian's side-kick. Who knew Indiana Jones had a blue dinosaur side kick? Apparently he does. They are both closely followed by a little green dinosaur shadow. I must have done fairly well when I made those dinosaur costumes. This is the third year they have been used and with the multiple functions each year they have been worn 8 times. That's pretty good for one costume.

The costumes:

Timothy

Andrew


Brian





Trunk-or-Treating:
Our ward had a Halloween party with Trunk-or-Treating.





Carving Pumpkins:

We had our annual Pumpkin Carving Family Home Eveing the Monday before Halloween. This is a big deal to us. Carving pumpkins was Derek and I's first date and we have carved pumkins every year we have been together since then. The boys had a great time. They weren't detered by the gooey "pumpkin guts" at all. They had planned for days of what the faces on their pumpkins would look like and were proud of how they turned out.





Trick-or-Treating:
We must live in a nice neighborhood-- the boys got full size candy bars at two houses and two houses were giving out refreshments to the parents. After a few houses we had to tell Brian to just let people put whatever candy they had in Andrew's bucket. He kept stopping everyone and tellng them that his brother couldn't have peanuts or milk. He is such a good brother to look out for Andrew like that but it was getting the people all confused and Andrew was ending up without any candy. I assured him we would just take care of it when we got home.
The weather was beautiful. I was worried about it being chilly so we wore jackets and we got too warm. I do love non-Idaho trick-or-treating. :)









7 comments:

Becky said...

You guys had a great Halloween! Your pumpkins are so cute. I loved the pictures. It makes me sad that my camera would not work. At least I got one picture. It is so cool that Brian watches out for Andrew and what he can eat.

Meagan said...

It looks like you had a great holiday. I especially liked the picture of Timothy eating the lid to his pumpkin. At least we know he eats his vegetables.

Romy said...

I love the costumes. You are so talented. I can't believe you made two of them. I would have given up after the first one.

Congratulations on the twins.

Romy & Todd

Jessica S. said...

I didn't realize you made those dinosaur costumes! What a good job on those. Ryan was indana jones, too, it was a cute costume.
I like non-snowy sleeting halloween's also! We did a few of those in Utah!

Suzie-Q said...

Sounds like you had a great Halloween and 8 parties? Wow that is alot.
It is good to know that your boys all look out for each other. You have taught them well Mommy!
Hope Derek is getting his work done. Rob is just playing the waiting game and then he will purpose again, mostly likely the weekend that we are supposed to be going to Pocatello- oh well, I guess we will just have to show up latefor Thanksgiving dinner.

Yeehaw said...

So what did you and Derek dress up as? Or did I miss those pictures?
:-)
Hey, are you guys coming home for the holidays at all?

Zoey said...

I love the pictures! I don't have nearly as many as you have! It fun when you love a holiday as much as you do and can pass it on to your kids.