Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

36 Weeks and Counting!


Yea!! We made it to 36 weeks! That's considered full term for twins. There were times when I wondered if we would ever make it this far. I'm so happy we have. It makes it so much better for the twins. They have such a better chance of being totally healthy when they are born now. So now the count down really begins. Our scheduled deliver is on Monday. So, only 4 more days! We only hope that they can wait that long. We don't want any midnight runs to the hospital-- although with traffic, a midnight run would be better than a day one. :) We can hardly wait to see and hold these little ones and officially welcome them into our family.

I am doing well, all things considered. Everyday gets a little harder. I'm not on bed rest but might as well be, since I can't really do anything else. Poor Derek has had to take over all of the household jobs. He is a great husband and does it willingly but his time to work on school work has really been hindered. The end of the quarter in an accelerated masters program is not exactly the best time to be having twins. :) 

Here is a slide show to show you the transformation that me body has gone through. A women's body is an amazing thing! Starting at 16 weeks we tried to take a picture every 4 weeks. So the first two pictures are just ones I found to add a little more to the beginning. I have gone through 3 sizes of maternity clothes. I'm down to like one or two outfits that still barely fit. Good thing I'm home bound I guess and don't need to look good to go anywhere. :) And for those of you that remember the whole toilet paper measurement thing I mentioned once before, I am now 12 1/4 squares. (HA-HA! Becky I beat you by a 1/4 of a square!)  


9 comments:

Jessica S. said...

you are awesome! I feel bad for you - I hope you are getting more help than just from Derek!!

I will be praying for you on Monday! Well, all weekend, actually. Are any of your parents coming to help out? I wish I was there to help you out with the boys!

Suzie-Q said...

I am glad that you aren't giving up and you've still decided to keep counting!!!
I can't beleive that you have made it this far, Congrats!!!
Hope this weekend isn't too hard for you. Thank goodness for Derek and you helpers that you have. (What wonderful Visiting Teachers you have.)

Zoey said...

I love the slide show and hope that all goes well on Monday. I'm sure that you're probably a little nervous, but everyone will be praying for you! Good luck and I can't wait to see your precious miracles.

Anonymous said...

You are right, that is amazing. How wonderful that it is nearing the end. Good luck, and I can't wait to hear the birth story and see their little faces!

Meagan said...

Wow, 4 days to go! That's great that you made it this far. Hopefully they'll behave and wait until Monday. Hope everything goes well. Good luck!
PS Dan just saw this and said he wished you guys still lived here so Derek could go ice fishing with him.

Becky said...

Way to go Jodi!!! I am so glad you took pictures. that is one thing I regret not doing.
You beat me. I barely made it 36 weeks with my twins (ok, 35 and 36 if you want to really get technical) and you're right I was only 12 squares around. We are praying for your whole family. Good luck and I hope things run smoothly and that traffic won't be a problem.

PS--unlike mine, you can let Philip and Kylie have the same birthday:)

mom said...

Woo hoo!! I'm so happy you've made it this far! I love the slideshow for your growing belly. It's astounding how fast and how big you can get with two babies in there. I'll be thinking of you on Monday and praying that all goes smoothly and you have a swift recovery. You'll start feeling better very soon.

Amanda said...

Oh honey, you are such a trooper. And for being such a tiny girl, you must have the strongest back (and great balance). I am so excited for you. I love all the pregnancy pictures.

Shiloah Baker said...

I hope all went well for you! You look great in your pics! You at 36 weeks with twins was smaller than me with one babe. LOL!